THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday, Monday

Well,

It's hard to believe that I have been down here for 3 weeks now. Sometimes it feels like much less and sometimes it feels like more. I talked with Chris (the owner's wife) today and we are going to sit down later this week and go over the marketing calendar for 2008 and prepare for the next upcoming event: Back-to-School. This past weekend, Dave and the other Operations managers took a chance on advice from Kenny and I concerning Teacher Appreciation Day. For the past 3 years The School Box had held this event in May near the actual calendar day named Teacher Appreciation Day. The past few years have had dismal results, and Kenny and I asked if we could move the event to an earlier time in the year. We commented that we coordinated a promotion much like their Teacher Appreciation Day in January and it was a huge success. They took a chance on our advice... history repeated itself. We posted huge numbers in sales throughout the whole company. Knoxville had the highest sales of the day beating out the usual winner of Town Center (corporate store). That news was and exciting way to start off the week. Work was the usual mix of graphics, signs, and phone calls.

I watched the Lady Vols Basketball team finally beat Duke tonight. It was a hard fought game, but the end result was what I had wanted so the close calls and suspense till the end was worth the experience. I went to the weight room after I ate dinner and found it to be rather crowded. All the treadmills were occupied so I stuck to 30 minutes on the exercise bike for my workout. I created my own custom inserts for my Boy Meets World DVD set, and am now considering turning in early to gain some more sleep for another day. I will see you all this weekend when I come into town. Until then, have a great week!

0 comments: