THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Salaries, Copiers, and Smelly Trash Cans

The day started off pretty good, and I guess it ended that way too. I met with Dave around 10:00 to discuss all the marketing opportunities that I have been asked about over the past week and a half. It didn't take long to discuss most of them because they were calls that I probably should have declined in the first place. Now that I know what media we do and don't use, I can begin to make some of those calls on my own and save some time and headaches. I did show Dave my layout and cover design for the sale flyer that we were contemplating and he really liked it. I spent a good deal of the morning simply printing out the retail signs that I have been making or revising in an effort to put together a master binder of all the signs available to the stores. I felt that it would be easier and more efficient/cost less to send the binder around to the stores with the operations managers and have them put together an order form for each store so I can print only the signs they need. I ran to Chick-fil-A for lunch today and redeemed my calendar coupon for a free chicken sandwich! Around 2:00 Mike (the tech guy) and I were given a thorough tutorial on all the features of our new copier. It does everything (short of making a pizza or cappuccino). It will even scan and image in and email it directly to my inbox! It also does lots of other cool things that I probably won't remember how to do when we need to use it. Tomorrow I will break it in and print 350 flyers for our sales rep in Knoxville.
I also received my paycheck stub that accidentally got sent to the Knoxville store last week. When I opened it I was very confused and after conferring with our HR manager I figured out that the incorrect pay rate had been applied for my new position! We worked together and got it straightened out.
Now for the Smelly Trash Can. I got back to the apartment today and was greeted at the door by a very foul odor that seemed to kick me in the face when I got close to the kitchen. I still don't know what caused that odor, but I promplty tied up the trash bag and took it out to the dumpster. I will be going to Walmart tomorrow and buying some air deodorizer to terminate any lingering odors and prevent future smelly take overs of the kitchen. Well I will leave you to marvel at the flyers I made that I have included in this blog. (it's okay that you had to re-read this section because you were no doubt drawn to look at the pictures of artistic genius again and again.) See you in 2 day!

0 comments: