THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chatt-Town USA

I'll quickly re-cap Friday for you. I worked on some graphics stuff most of the day and spoke with a lady for WBXX (the CW) in Knoxville about their station promotions for education and how we might fit in to it. I ultimately told her to send me the station and programing guide through email and I would look it over and get back with her if we were interested. It was pretty quiet around the office Friday because all the buyers were in a meeting from 9-noon and then another meeting from 1-3. I left work and came home, fixed and ate dinner, and watched a new episode of Psych on USA. I went to bed around Midnight and quickly drifted off to sleep...

Now for Chattanooga. It was the first time I have ever met Whitney's Aunt Amy. She is one cool lady! We met at The School Box in Chattanooga (cause that's the only thing I know how to find) and then I followed her to Tony's where we ate lunch. I have heard a lot about Tony's over the years from Whitney, but this was my first time ever eating there. It was located in the Bluff Art District and was in an old house on the corner near the Hunter Art Museum. The food was great! Especially the homemade bread and oil to dip it in. I also found out that they make their own pasta too! After we ate we went to The Hunter Museum of Art. It was actually in 3 adjoining buildings that have been update somewhat over the years. It was really nice (and sorry to say this K-ville but it was far better than the Knoxville Museum of Art). We got to see some paintings from Andy Warhol, Grandma Moses, and many others. One of the sections was actually 2 floors of the 1900 Mansion that was donated by Mr. Hunter to house the original part of the museum. The 2nd addition was constructed in 1975, and the final additional, which housed the special exhibits, was constructed in 2005. The special exhibit was kind of cool, but very odd (as a lot of art is). We then went to the gift shop where Whitney stumbled upon small replicas of many famous chairs. We opened each box to make sure that what was larked as being in the box was correct. She got almost every one they had, and was vibrating with excitement the entire time! We then went into an art gallery near the museum and looked at what they had for sale. The result: lots of beautiful works of art and outrageous prices. After that it was time for me to head back to Kennesaw. I went home, fixed dinner, put together 2 floor lamps I had Whitney pick up for me a the Target in Knoxville, watched some TV and then went to bed. Good night all!

0 comments: