THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, January 26, 2008

R.I.P. Saturday Morning Cartoons

Seeing as how I went to bed at my normal time of 11:00pm last night and didn't have to get up early for work this morning, I found myself unable to sleep past 8:00am this morning. So instead of lay awake hoping to slip back into the coma of sleep I was enjoying earlier I decided to get up and watch some TV. That is when I decided that someone needs to write an obituary for Sturday morning cartoons. Whatever happened to the days of G.I. Joe, Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-man, The Uncanny X-Men, Thundercats, Transformers, and so many more that were responsible for teaching America's youth that Saturday mornings deserve to be taken advantage of instead of sleeping the day away? I turned on the TV this morning only to find Japanimation series that really didn't matter what they were called because you could flip to the next channel and see the same plot and the same characters (the only difference being the color of their hair,clothes, and their name). We need to write our congressmen about this problem as it will surely lead to a generation of uncreative, been there done that, methodology that will force us, the ones who remember what good TV was, to simply go quietly into the night (or morning) and suffer through whatever we are unlucky enough to find on the Tele'. That's all for now. Check back later today for a recap of Friday and my adventures in Chattanooga later today!

1 comments:

Amy T. said...

I sure do miss the Smurfs...