THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 21, 2008

I Found Walmart!

Well,

I know I said I would update this blog daily, but this past week has been rather unconventional in my allotment of time both near a computer and away from the people who may read this blog. I have now officially met with David (the owner of School Box) and have a much clearer picture of what I am to be doing on a daily basis. I still find myself sometimes looking for things to do, but I know that as Chris and I spend more time together, and I receive more calls for marketing outlets and sponsorship opportunities, my time will fill itself up much quicker than I expect. I have made at least 5 signs to be distributed to all the retail locations and have put together some promo pieces for Teacher Appreciation Day (Jan. 26th). I also have redone some original signs that were fading and looked rather outdated. Now on to my big news as eluded to in the title of this blog...
I FOUND WALMART! It really wasn't very difficult. (I would like to thank Google maps, the Walmart store website, and Google Satellite photos for my success) It is located on Chastain Meadows Rd. about 6 minutes from my apartment. I actually had real food for dinner tonight. I fixed some mixed cheese pasta shells with a breaded chicken breast. The Walmart here is quite different from Knoxville's store. It is actually bigger (if that was possible) and has a larger produce and meat section than I'm used to. I also noticed that the ethnic distribution is skewed less to the Caucasians and more to the African Americans than Knoxville. Never fear though, there is still a large show of support from the Mexicans as they were pushing their multiple buggies followed by multiple children. I like it though. It doesn't feel the same as Knoxville, but the nice cashier that checked my out at the register was just as nice as the folks in your neck of the woods. Well, I don't have much else to report other than I am convinced that one day this week I will actually remember to bring a blank check to work to have Tausha in payroll update my direct deposit info so I can access my money here in Kennesaw. I will try to write again tomorrow night (but no promises). I hope all is well in Knoxville and know that I miss you all very much. (It gets a little lonely sometimes)

1 comments:

Amy T. said...

We miss you too, Pip! FYI: Steph seems to have recovered from her parasite. Happy you found Wal-Mart at last. Hugs!