THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 21, 2008

From the Desk 7/20/2008

This morning I woke up at 8:30 and did a few things online before getting ready for His Hands. I picked Christina up around 9:30 and we headed off to church. We had determined that even though she had to work if the service ran over I could just drop her at work since it was basically on my way home or if there was time I would take her back to her at her apartment. The service began and the music was instantly awesome. There seemed to be a greater energy in the room than normal and the music reflected that. We observed the Lord's Supper and then worshiped through a song played by the female lead vocalist while she played beautifully rich chords on the piano. It was truly a close moment with the Father. The regular pastor was back to teach this weekend and we talked about the hard sayings of Jesus and what he really wants from us. The main scripture focus was John 6:28-29. We also touched on the fact that the God of the Old Testament was very rules oriented and seemed cruel and harsh, but the God of the New Testament (Jesus) told us how to live without making hundreds of rules to live by. We sang a song after the message that focused not only on how we are never alone because we have God, but we also have our brothers and sisters in Christ to turn to with our struggles. The song was called You Got Me and Jesus.

The service let out at the normal time and so I dropped Christina off at her apartment so she could take her car to work. I went home and ate a quick lunch before pulling over the last of the video footage for the last wedding on my to do list. I ended up taking a nap for an hour or so after I got the intro video, the main & sub menus created, and lining up the two main video tracks. After that I ran to the store quickly to pick up a few things for the dinner I was going to cook Christina and I tonight when she gets out of work. I began cooking dinner after talking on the phone with mom for a while about the weeks happenings. My timing couldn't have been better as dinner was completely ready about 2 minutes after Christina arrived. We ate baked chicken marinated in lime juice, butter, and Italian salad dressing mix. We also had pasta with a olive oil & garlic sauce. The meal was topped of with some Sister Schubert yeast rolls. It was delicious and I'm not saying that just because I was the chef.

After dinner we watched Happy Campers. Christina had heard a lot about this movie as I told her that Hickey said she had to watch it someday and I warned her that I was afraid that she might not talk to me after seeing it. I took the chance anyway as she seems to have very similar tastes in movies and I figured she wouldn't really run away (but she might not come back!) She laughed through most of the movie and in the end she actually liked it (which meant that she was ok in Hickey's book). Afterwards we were flipping though channels on TV when we came across the movie Titanic on TNT. We stopped here and watched the movie, which was only 30 minutes from the beginning, until the ship sank and the famed theme song "My Heart Will Go On" began playing over the credits. I then walked Christina to her car, not wanting to acknowledge that the weekend was over, and said goodnight. I gathered up my things for work in the morning and then turned in for the night.

Meditation for the day: John 6:28-29 'They replied, “We want to perform God’s works, too. What should we do?” Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”'

0 comments: