THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 21, 2008

From the Desk 7/21/2008

I woke up this morning smiling from my good times this weekend and then quickly realizing that it was over and Monday morning had arrived. I also quickly realized that I had overslept by about 45 minutes! I quickly got ready for work and then joined the other drivers on their way to work. I arrived and was greeted with the discovery that the air conditioner in the office area was out and it was just over 80 degrees according to the thermometer in the hallway. We were assured that the repair man had been contacted and would be there sometime before lunch. In retrospect, every one's definition of lunchtime is different so we really had no idea when he would arrive to bring us relief. I worked on more signs for some furniture items for the stores in addition to finishing and printing the Tax Holiday signs for the GA stores. I also proofed and responded via fax to a coupon offer in a local flyer near our Douglasville store. The office warmth made it a little hard to concentrate as it was warm enough to make me sleepy. It actually reminded me of my Western Civilization II class at UT which met in the Dougherty Engineering Building (not air conditioned auditorium) at 2:30 in the afternoon in the Spring semester. That class was difficult, not content wise, but it was difficult to remain conscious through the lectures due to the heat of the room. But I digress.....

We took lunch later than usual this week as we waited for Mike to wrap up a meeting so he could join us. It ended up just being me, Carmen, and Mike so we went to Ted's Montana Grill. I had the George's Cadillac burger with fries and it was delicious. I have now used my one day I'm allowed to eat out this week on Monday so I must make an effort to stay strong and refrain from eating out any more until the weekend. We returned to the office and by then the air conditioning had begun working and had already significantly cooled down the office area. I worked on a new project that we might use to display our sales pieces on the website. It is a bit outside my realm of knowledge for how to do it, but I am trying to learn how to use flash animation to create a catalog that you flip the pages on like you were holding it in your hands. My efforts didn't reach very far today, but there is always the rest of the week as there is no real time limit to get this ready to utilize as a marketing tool. 5:00 rolled around faster than usual and I headed home to do some video work before hopefully seeing Christina later.

I worked on the video for about an hour and then had some cereal for dinner (trying the 2 bowls a day meal plan again). After that I decided to hone my boxing skills on the Wii Sports game. I boxed for about an hour and then decided to stop when I had trouble lifting my arms above my head from fatigue. I took a shower and then was working on some stuff online when Christina called to tell me she was out of class. I decided to surprise her so on my way to her apartment I stopped and picked us both up a Thin Mint Blizzard from Dairy Queen. We watched a re-run of "House, M.D." on FOX and even though it was a re-run it was an episode I hadn't seen. We then were channel surfing until we settled on "Cool Runnings" which I had not seen in about 5 years. It was still really good. After talking briefly with Hickey when he called I said goodnight to Christina and made my way back home. It had begun to rain and I saw some lightning flashing across the sky on my drive home, but it never really stormed. I went to sleep in preparation of another day of busy times at work.

Meditation for the day: Matthew 16:15-16 “But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

0 comments: