THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 20, 2008

From the Desk 7/19/2008

I slept in this morning until 10:15 and it was wonderful! I probably could have slept longer, but I knew I had to get up and do some video work. I worked on the reception video that I had to finish today and managed to finish it around 2:00. One would think that the end of the editing would signal the end of the work, but that isn't true. I had a terrible time trying to get the video to render and burn without crashing. I fought back and forth with my computer until it finally worked and finished burning around 6:15pm. I did print the labels and inserts during this process so it wasn't a total waiting game. I copied the disc and packaged everything up to mail out on Monday.

Christina called and told me that she would come over after her mom came to pick up Sadie, her cat. She has decided to let Sadie go stay with her mom and dad since she isn't home very much between school and work (and me too I guess). I ate a quick bite and finished just as Christina arrived. We decided that even though we weren't at the drive-in we could still have a double feature movie night. We watched The Fantastic Four and then The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Both movies were excellent. I had seen them before, but this was Christina's first viewing of them and she enjoyed them. After the movies were over we found ourselves watching old episodes of Family Matters on Nick at Night. They really don't make TV shows like that anymore, and we both couldn't help but laugh through the two episodes we watched reminiscing on our younger days. Once Family Matters ended I walked Christina to her car and we said goodnight. I went inside and promptly went to sleep as I didn't want to fall behind on sleep after almost catching up from sleeping in this morning.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 119:30 “I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws.”

0 comments: