THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, July 25, 2008

From the Desk 7/25/2008

I woke up this morning very sleepy and dreading working in the warehouse. I felt the effects of the hike from yesterday in my legs and back being sore still, and instantly decided that the hike was not really a wise decision. I got ready for work slowly and packed some soup for lunch because I had run out of time to fix anything else. I got to work and began listening to a couple of voicemails that I had received since yesterday. I also answered a few emails and talked with Stacy and Mike about our next steps in updating the website header for the month of August. I made my way back to the warehouse around 8:45 and found only a couple of carts to pack up. I was also soon joined by Eric and AJ who were there to help pack up orders. After about an hour Eric ended up going home not feeling well, but it still left two of us to tackle the packing of orders, which I thought would be enough. The orders kept flowing and we kept packing at a steady pace until I went to lunch.

For lunch Stacy bought me a sub from Jersey Mike's. It was her treat because I was going to mow her grass tomorrow morning so I agreed, not really wanting to eat the soup I brought anyway. We took Mike's order and checked with Christina to see if she wanted anything then we left to go get our food. I ordered the Chipotle Philly Cheesteak and it was amazing. I highly recommend that you try one at the Jersey Mike's in Knoxville (on Lovell Rd. I think) After eating I returned to the warehouse to find that AJ had gone home for the day and I was the only one packing up orders. I was greeted by 8 carts full of orders to box up, and I was positive that with 3 people pulling orders and one person packing the number of orders to be packed would only grow. I was right. I packed as fast as I could but still took care to verify the orders had the correct products and quantities. Around 3:00 the people pulling orders realized that I was the only one packing them up and so Peggy, Sandy, and Glen stopped pulling orders to help me catch up. It took until 4:00 to get caught up and at that point James, the warehouse manager, decided that we shouldn't pull any more orders until Monday. I returned to my desk and was sitting there when Mike made the comment that it was foolish to try and start my day at the office at 4:15 and that I should just go home since I looked exhausted. I didn't argue with his recommendation and after making some plans with Christina for tonight I headed home.

I did a few things online and then around 5:00 I laid down to try and take a nap. It wasn't difficult to fall asleep and I slept until 7:00. I woke up and got ready to take Christina out to dinner. I arrived at her apartment and found that she too had taken a nap and had woken up just a few minutes before I showed up. I told her it was lady's choice for our dinner location tonight and she suggested Chili's. That was fine with me as I love their Triple Dippers appetizers. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated, but after that our service was speedy and our server was really good. He had the balance between attentiveness and privacy down pat. We both ordered the Triple Dippers (with the only difference in choices being Christina's chicken fingers and my Shanghai wings). After we ate we went back to Christina's apartment to watch the new episode of "Psych" on USA. We watched the show which was really good (as expected), and after it was over I said goodnight as we were both too tired to watch the episode of "House" that came on after "Psych". I drove home and went to bed very soon after walking in the door. This marked the first night this week I've gone to bed before 11:30 and I intended on sleeping in tomorrow morning to take full advantage of the opportunity to catch up on sleep.

Meditation for the day: Hebrews 1:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

0 comments: