THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, March 27, 2008

A beautiful day in the neighborhood

Today was the first day it was supposed to start warming back up and I woke up more than ready for it. I headed out to work without a jacket, perhaps tempting the skies to dump a blizzard on Kennesaw just to spite me. I was relieved when this did not occur. I arrived at work to find that I really had nothing on my plate to do, so I did what I always do when that happens. I surfed the internet browsing competitors' websites. After doing this for about half an hour, I decided to try some brainstorming on a project that Vickie had given me. The objective: to create a graphic envelope front that would entice the bookkeepers to open the letter promoting our gift certificates for teachers instead of just laying it to the side to be forgotten until its too late. I tried several different drawings as you can see here. I worked on that for a while, and then I realized it was time to go to lunch. I kept my usual lunch date with myself at my apartment. (Hey at least I never get stood up or excuses) I returned to work and Dave caught me me asking if we could spend a good deal of time later that day talking/exploring how to build us an outstanding customer database. I said sure, and was looking forward to adding some more tasks to my plate. He came back about an hour later and said that we would have to postpone this meeting as the regional managers and Vickie we needing him to give input into their budgeting meeting to prepare for the upcoming fiscal year. I said that was fine (of course). Before I left work Stacy asked me if I wanted to come walking with her and Cooper around 6:30 after work. I said that sounded like fun. This is based on 2 reasons: 1. Cooper is hysterical to watch indoors and I can only imagine that he is even greater to observe in the wild, and 2. I will do anything to be outside on a beautiful day like this day one.

I went home briefly and ate a small supper, changed into some appropriate walking attire, and then headed over to Stacy's. We decided to walk around her neighborhood as we were both unsure as to how far Cooper would feel like walking. That ended up being a good choice as Cooper was a good sport, but ultimately wanted to do nothing more than smell, lick, and eat things in addition to walking in a weaving pattern in an attempt to trip Stacy, me, or sometime both. We dropped Cooper off and continued on another lap around the subdivision to make our efforts at exercise more worth while. Cooper was slightly distraught at being abandoned at home while his mommy left as you can see at his attempt to peer out the front window.We finished and returned to Stacy's house to find Cooper missing us greatly (or maybe he just wanted a treat?). I drank some water and then made my way back to the apartment.

I arrived strangely inspired to began serious editing work on the wedding video and got the intro video, the main menu, the scene selection menu, and the main video track done. I looked up at the clock after that and saw that it was 10:15 and I probably needed to stop before I began the next phase that would certainly keep me up past midnight to complete. So I surrendered to sleep to fight again another day.

Meditation of the day: Psalm 8:1,3 "O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place"

0 comments: