THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, March 28, 2008

Warm weather = sleepy Phillip

Today started out as each day usually does. The sun rose and so did the temperature. I knew it was supposed to be a fairly warm day so I was looking forward to the time I would be outside (basically when I was driving to and from work) I met with Dave this morning to discuss in detail my new focus and my biggest job to continuously work on. I will be developing ways to gain customer information, build a database of our customers, and take the information in that database to help guide our marketing decisions. For example, we will be adding a section during the sale transaction that allows the cashier to input the customer's zip code. Once a month I will gather that information and use it to determine, on a monthly basis, where the customers live that shop the most often with us. This will help us when we decide what zip codes to target when we send out inserts in the newspaper or other media. I worked on creating a customer profile for pretty much the rest of the day to help guide me in answering the questions that will help us build an accurate and useful customer database. I know that this is probably not that interesting to my loyal readers (all 2 of you), but this type of process excites me. I left work to drive home in the 72 degrees and sunny weather. As I approached my apartments I almost considered to keep on driving until the sun went down, but I was low on gas and knew I would be getting hungry soon so I just went home.

When I got home I started working on the video editing rather aggressively. I finalized the menu and sub-menu screens and synced the 2 video tracks to began transitioning between clips. I completed the first 15 minutes of the ceremony video, and decided to take a break for dinner after getting halfway through the bulk of the editing process. I ate some noodles in Alfredo sauce with some garlic bread. After that I went back to work on the video for just a little longer. I should be done with everything including the menu links in another hour of editing. That is good since I really want to be done with this before the weekend so I can edit the reception video by the middle of next week. I had to stop editing around 9:30 to prepare for the Tennessee vs. Louisville basketball game that had a tip-off of 9:57pm. Tennessee struggled with many things in the first half, the most critical one being the inability to score and maintain possession of the ball. In the second half the Vols came out and played much better. They cut the Louisville lead down to one. Then Louisville went on an 8-0 run to gain back a large lead. The game was a lot of back and forth which made it painful to watch. Later in the game I realized that there were several calls not made when there was lots of contact. Some of these calls went both ways, but the majority of them seemed to favor Louisville (I know my perspective may be skewed but the TV announcers often agreed with my point of view). The game seemed over for the Vols around the 4:00 minute mark in the second half. The final score of the game: Tennessee 60 - Louisville 79 . Time for bed now. Work begins in 7 and a half hours.

Meditation of the day: Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you ad not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

0 comments: