THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Moody Monday

The work week begin by me oversleeping until 7:25am when I usually leave for work at 7:40. I was only a few minutes late, which doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't happen often, but since I rushed to get ready I felt drained and tired the entire day. I worked on some furniture tags for the Chattanooga store and then was putting some final touches on the summer learning flyer to go to print. I received a call at 10am from our rep with News for Kids (program that provides newspapers for classrooms to use for educational purposes) wanting to move our meeting to earlier in the day. This was a surprise to me as I had forgotten that we even had a meeting scheduled. We moved the meeting from 2pm to 12:30pm so they could make another meeting later in the day. I was working on various things until I realized that it was 12:45 and they had not arrived yet. They called shortly before 1pm and said that they were on their way. They arrived at 1:15pm and we began our meeting. They basically gave me an overview of the history of this program and our involvement with sponsoring it since its creation. The lady talked very fast and was extremely passionate about the product. We aren't up for renewal yet, but I know that we will be later this year so I was glad to have met our reps and know more about this program before we agree to continue our involvement. I took a late lunch and got back to work around 2:45pm. I don't really remember what I did for the rest of the day because all I wanted to do was go to sleep.

After I left work Stacy and I headed over to Applebee's to meet Leslie for some dinner. At first we thought we were going to have to hang at a bookstore for a bit until Leslie arrived from the Howell Mill store, but she called and left work a little early so we were able to go straight there. We got the sample appetizer for our meal (Stacy and Leslie split one and I had one all to myself!) and we talked ll about our Easter weekends, my Charleston trip, and our upcoming weeks to see where our schedules aligned so we could hang out some more. It was good to hang out with good friends at Applebee's since I opted out of Friday night's trip with the Movies 4 Sale crowd.

I went home and begin pulling over video footage of the wedding from March 15th. I also spent some time to catch up on laundry from the weekend and generally straightening around the apartment. Not that anyone would come over and be appalled at its condition, but I would go insane if it were not organized and clean. I spent some time catching on former blogs that I neglected to write/post and also spent a bit of time napping to catch up from my late evening Saturday night/Sunday morning. I eventually decided to go to sleep in a classic fashion, watching an episode of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. I head the into finish and that is the last thing I remember until my alarm clock would certainly scream the following morning.

Meditation of the day: Psalm 37:7-8 "Be still before the Lord an wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret - it leads only to evil."

0 comments: