THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, March 24, 2008

He is Risen!

Easter Sunday i usually filled with expectations for great music and worship, but for some reason I woke up viewing it like any other Sunday. That feeling left quickly as I arrived at CBCB to assist in recording the services and heard the choir specials for the day being rehearsed. There is one song that is a combination of "Christ Alone" and "The Solid Rock" that sent chills down my spine as the melodies and harmonies blended together to make a heavenly sound. The first service went fairly well as I was running the recording sound board for the first time in almost two months! My sidekick Chuckles was there to make sure I didn't botch everything up beyond repair. I decided to sit in the second service with Hickey, his "friend" and his friend's daughter. It was a different experience being in the service and singing with everyone. Both were a wonderful experience and I feel were more meaningful than my last few Easters.

After the service I drove mom and dad over to G-mom and Papa's for an Easter lunch extravaganza! We had ham, cauliflower casserole, green beans (I passed on these of course), a type of jello salad, and macaroni and cheese. For dessert we enjoyed either Mountain Dew Apple Cobbler or Buttermilk Pie. It was good, but as always at family gatherings I ate too much. We sat in the sun room talking about my job and other various topics until the UT basketball game came on TV. We watched the first half there and at halftime, we ventured over to Grandmother's to join the other side of the family and watch the second half of the game. It was so nice to see so much family in one day. It reminds me of how blessed I am to have a close family that is willing to travel to see each other on special days.

I stayed later than intended in Knoxville, but made my way out of town around 6pm. The traffic was fairly light considering it was the close of Easter weekend and that usually means lots of people traveling. I arrived in Kennesaw around 8:45 and proceeded to unpack a bit from my trips. I decided to take a break from that an watch the Lady Vols play Oral Roberts in their first game of this year's NCAA Women's Tournament. They were playing up to their usual high standards as I slowly drifted off to sleep and rested soundly until Monday began.

Mediation of the day: Psalm 33:20-21 "We wait in hope for the Lord;he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name."

0 comments: