THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Probably should be grocery shopping...


I woke up on time this morning, and felt that I needed a reward to celebrate that occurrence. So on the way to work I stopped off and picked up some Chick-fil-A as my personal treat. I got to work and began working on the new version of the marketing calendar to include not only all of the activities from this year, but also to put it in a format that made everyone able to read it quickly and glean from it what information they needed. That process took longer than I expected, but it is coming together fairly quickly with little frustration. I ran back to the apartment for lunch and pulled some more video footage over to my desktop PC to begin editing tonight (hopefully). The remainder of the work day was fairly uneventful. The only thing that stuck out in my mind is Vickie realized that when Chris gave me a copy of the VBS flyer, which was by now waiting in line to be printed at Printing Impressions, she only gave me a copy she had. It didn't show the back side that had all the information about the stores, their hours, and our website info. I hurriedly re-made that back page since no one had an electronic version that I could edit, and then sent it out to the printer before we wasted money on mis-prints. When I left work the weather had warmed up a lot from the chilly 27 degrees the day began at. That was encouraging as I still miss the weather we enjoyed on our Charleston trip.

I got home and found a U.S. Mail Express envelope tucked under my doormat. I saw that it was from Chan, and when I opened it I found Flat Stanley and his entire journal of his travels. Basically Flat Stanley is a boy who was flattened when a bulletin board fell on him in class. He now travels through the mail to various people in many different places and will eventually return home on April 28th. He will be helping me film and edit videos this week and may even make an appearance at The School Box! I started pulling the last of the wedding footage over to my computer before fixing some dinner. I decided to wait until tomorrow night to began actually editing the wedding. I seem to get more accomplished if I work on it for a longer period of time in a few instances rather than work on it a little bit at a time. I watched some tv while finishing updating my myspace page (new layout, song, quote....check it out). I found that time passed much faster than I realized and it was time to do some reading before slipping into my sleeping coma for the night. Today was a good day, but I hope tomorrow is more eventful...I could use some excitement to liven up the days.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 40:1-2 "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

0 comments: