THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A beautiful day!

Today I woke up briefly around 7:00am and decided that I needed much more sleep than that so I rolled back over and didn't wake up again until 10:30! I got out of bed feeling very rested, and had some hot tea. I decided to go ahead and work on the reception video to get that out of the way. I worked on it until 1:00 when I decided to take a break and have some lunch. I picked up working on the video again around 3:00 and then got a call from Stacy around 4:30 to figure out when we were going to see a movie.

We decided to go to Target to get some stuff that we both needed and we'd pick up dinner stuff there and fix it back at her house before going to a movie. I called mom and had her give me the details on their trip to the beach. I was glad they had a safe and relaxing trip. I picked Stacy up and we went to the Super Target (I know where it is now!) to buy stuff. We also stopped off next door at Petsmart to pick up food and treats for Cooper. I picked up a buffalo chicken wrap from Target's deli area for my dinner. We went back to Stacy's and ate quickly. We then headed out to Regal Cinemas 16 at Town Center Mall to see the 7:45 showing of Smart People starring Dennis Quaid, Sarah Jessica Parker, Ellen Page, and Thomas Haden Church. It was an excellent movie with a stellar soundtrack. I think all should go see it if you have the opportunity. I would liken it to In Good Company. It isn't necessarily a happy movie, but it makes you think, pay attention, and is beautifully written. We went back to Stacy's and she fixed some Crab Rangoon while I was assembling a storage unit for her closet that she bought at Target today. We ate while watching part of Old School and then I realized how tired I was. I said goodbye and then drove home on a crystal clear night listening to my new Marie Digby album. I went home and decided to go to bed soon so I would wake up in time to visit a church tomorrow morning.

Meditation for the day: Isaiah 43:18 "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past"

0 comments: