THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Internet is the devil!

Today I got out of bed and realized that it must be colder outside this morning than yesterday morning because of the frost on my bedroom window. I was unhappy with this discovery, but it was confirmed by my thermometer as it read 31 degrees at 7:15am this morning. I decided to enjoy some cinnamon roll oatmeal for breakfast to coincide with the cold weather. I thawed out my car, which only took a few minutes, and then drove to work along with thousands of my neighbors. I got to work and it seemed like the time was going to pass quickly today as well. I figured this because I looked at the clock and it was already 10:52am and it felt like it should only be 9:30 or so. I guess time had passed quickly as I was focusing on checking more pictures and descriptions on our website. Today the number of items was much larger to check as I was now not just checking sections, but entire vendors. I decided to splurge and go out to eat for lunch today. Carmen, Blair, Stacy, Tausha, Mike and I went to Willy's Mexicana Grill. It is probably the most "customizable" Mexican establishment I have ever seen. It is set up pretty much identical to a Subway. You place your base order and then you choose what extras go on your meal. I had a chicken quesadilla with chicken, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. The meal also came with chips and I got a side of their cheese dip (which is awesome!) and some sweet tea. It was delicious and I know I will go back sometime soon. We returned to work, sleepy and unmotivated, but we persevered and got back to the grindstone. I worked very little on checking the website for item accuracy, but I did remake the marketing calendar (for the last time I hope) in Microsoft Excel so everyone can open and view it. I really like the layout of Excel in Office 2008 edition. It looks like Photoshop in that it has all the tools and formatting pallets along the side so you can easily and quickly find what you need instead of searching though drop down menus across the top. I also made some final revisions to the flyer promoting Customer Appreciation Week May 5th - 9th. (be sure to visit your local School Box store to take advantage of great savings!) I grew extremely sleepy towards the end of the day, but through a chat conversation with Stacy I have penned another quote (with a mild integration of a quote from Star Trek Generations) "Time can heal all wounds or prolong our current misery. It's up to us to decide who time will be. Do we see time as a predator, stalking us till we die, or as a companion who will always bring us another day." After typing that, I realized that most of the time we are responsible for the mood we are in. Happiness is a choice (most of the time) and if we wake up each day choosing to feel this way, our days might just be filled with more cheerfulness. Of course, I could be completely wrong in my hypothesis and just crazy, but try it and let me know how it turns out for you.

I left work and headed to Target to pick up a copy of Juno and a few odds and ins. I was psyched to get this movie, but have decided to wait to watch it until Leslie, Stacy, and I get together to watch it together. It will be good to see it again and catch all the subtle deeper meanings that I missed the first time, and to have new memories of watching it with friends. I then went home to change clothes and then headed off to Stacy's for some dinner and hangin' out. She has had a rough couple of days with her "boy troubles" and she didn't want to sit at home alone so I went over. She actually didn't feel like cooking which was fine with me (I don't like people doing things for me all the time) so she fixed some oatmeal for herself and I fixed me a PB&J sandwich. We then watched the movie Accepted, which is one of my favorite comedies that has come out in recent years. It was good to just sit with another human and laugh. (I recommend doing this as often as possible as it is good for the soul) After the movie ended I returned to the apartment and called Hickey to inquire about the result of his mom's surgery. Everything is fine according to Hickey's report and his mom is feeling remarkably well. I worked on the video only briefly tonight as being there for my friends was more important. Besides, I have all weekend to finish and ship the DVD's. I had some French Vanilla hot tea and did some reading on The Red Sea Rules before calling it a night.

Meditation for the day: 2 Corinthians 12:9-10
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

0 comments: