THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, April 14, 2008

Where'd the warm weather go?

I woke up today to see the thermometer reading 40 degrees outside. I want to know where the warm weather disappeared to? I know it didn't follow mom and dad to Myrtle Beach because they are supposed to go right in the middle of a cold front. I ate some cereal and then headed off to work. I got to work and did the few things on my plate for the day by 10:30am. I then asked Stacy if she needed help in doing anything to finish the updates to the website. She gave me a list of item numbers to check. So for the rest of the day I typed in the item numbers on our website and checked to make sure that these items all had images and descriptions associated with them. This took longer than I expected, but I got halfway through the pages she gave me to work on. I also made some minor adjustments to the ad for Kids Enabled magazine and sent that off for them to publish in their magazine. I also spoke with Chris about when to send out the gift certificate letters since we will probably get the printed envelopes back from Printing Impressions at the end of this week. The work day passed really fast which was nice for it being a Monday. I left work and went home to change into some walking clothes.

I was supposed to arrive at Stacy's around 6:00pm to go walking and eat some dinner, but something came up and she needed to be with her friend Stephanie who lives in Smyrna. Since I was on my own for dinner I decided to fix one of the new Bertolli's dinners I purchased last week. It was Italian Sausage and Rigatoni in a red sauce. It was delicious and went well with the garlic bread I decided to make as my side item. I spent a good amount of time working on the reception video and have lined up the two video tracks for the first 20 minutes of footage. My goal will be 20 more minutes of footage edited tomorrow with some last minute effects on Wednesday so I can mail them out on Thursday. I also spent a good amount of time talking to Stacy about her situation. I got off the phone with her thankfully knowing that she would be alright. I hate it when my friends are going through tough times. It makes me feel like I should do something, even if I don't know what it is and that sometimes isn't the best solution. Sometimes it is just best to listen. I did a few more things online and then decided to watch the movie Disturbia, from the beginning this time. It was excellent. I am slightly biased because the film stars Shia LaBeouf, who has starred in many movies that I enjoy. It was very suspenseful at points and also very humorous too. I decided to go to bed as the time approached 11:30pm and I knew that I would need rest to get through the remainder of the week.

Meditation of the day: Psalm 139:4 " Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD."

Isn't it comforting to know that God knows us so intimately that he knows the hairs on our head and what we will say before we say it? It brings me unmatchable joy to know that the one who created the heavens and the earth wants to know me that personally. It makes me feel loved to know that He cares for me no matter what I have done.

0 comments: