THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Risen Christ

This morning at CBCB the adult choir performed "The Risen Christ", a collection of narration, soloists, and music to remind us that while other religions worship a founder that has died ad is remembered, Christians worship and before hitting the road back to serve the God who died and rose to live again. It was moving text and beautifully composed music that brought tears to the eyes. The video used to enhance the songs also burned images into my mind of how human Jesus was. After enjoying this worship experience I was able to talk to many of my friends from CBCBKennesaw.

The drive home was very peaceful. I found a little bit of rain on my way out of Knoxville and Sweetwater area, but found nothing but blue skies and sunlight the rest of the way home. I arrived, very hungry, and unloaded my car. I fixed s quick bite to eat for lunch and watched Employee of the Month, one of the movies I picked up this weekend. I did some laundry and cleaned for a while before decided to update my blog from the weekend's activities. I then worked very briefly on answering and sorting through emails that had accumulated in my inbox over the past 3 days. I almost thought about working on the video editing, but realized I needed some "me" time and decided to take it. I wrote some thoughts down and worked on writing my new instrumental piece of music. It came together really fast at first. Now that I have to melody line down, I need to add in the supporting voices, bass line, and harmonies. Today was a good day, and I enter the new week with optimism and hope for some excitement to have something more to write about.

Meditation of the day: (lyrics to the song "The Risen Christ")
"O breath of God, come fill this place;
Revive our hearts to know Your grace;
And from our slumber make us rise
That we may know the Risen Christ.

O word of God, so clear and true,
Renew our minds to trust in You;
And give to us the bread of life
That we may know the Risen Christ.

O love of God, so unrestrained,
Refresh our souls in Jesus' name.
Let us reflect Your sacrifice
That we may know the Risen Christ.

May God the Father, God the Son,
And God the Spirit make us one.
In holiness let us unite
That we may know the Risen Christ."
~ Keith Getty

1 comments:

Amy T. said...

I liked how in the video segments there was a focus on Jesus TOUCHING people. I liked seeing the hugs and physical part of His ministry as He went about the healing and miracles and whatnot. I hope I get hugs like that in heaven.