THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, July 13, 2008

From the Desk 7/13/2008

This morning I woke up at 7:00 and couldn't get back to sleep. I was very tired and was hoping to sleep in until 8:45, but apparently that was not the plan for me this morning. I laid in bed for about 10 minutes and finally gave up trying to go back to sleep. I got up and printed the labels on some of the DVDs that I had already made copies of for the next wedding I was working on. I ate some breakfast and got ready for church. I left the apartment to go pick up Christina and along the way guess what happened.....it rained! (Shocking, I know) The rain continued to follow me until we arrived at His Hands. I dropped Christina off at the door so she wouldn't get wet, and then I parked the car and joined her inside. The service was good and I'm starting to learn the songs as there were some repeated this week that I had heard before. We observed the Lord's Supper and then sang a song about unity in the body of Christ. The normal pastor was out of town, but the man that filled in for him was equally as capable of preaching. We talked about the way to fix things that seem wrong in our lives, and how if we fix one thing that it sometimes can fix something else we never knew was wrong. We also talked about how when things are going wrong in our lives that we need to know that it is Satan attacking us. The main focus was to do three things to try and fix areas in your life that are causing stress and frustration. (1) Pray everyday and spend time talk with God (2) Read the Bible everyday and study its wisdom (3) Worship God in someway everyday. It was good, but the dark lights and my lack of sleep began to make it difficult to focus towards the end. We left the service and saw Carmen, her husband Mark, and their daughters Mattie and Sarah on our way out.

I dropped Christina off at her apartment after His Hands knowing that she had homework to do and I had video editing to do. I went home and ate a small lunch consisting mostly of left overs from the party last night. I began burning the raw footage over to discs to send to one of my clients who requested a copy of the uncut material. This process took about 2 hours total and during this time I worked on straightening and cleaning from last night's party. I then worked on correcting the mistakes I missed in the wedding reception video from 5-31-08. I finished these edits and left the project to render and burn to disc. At this point I laid down on the couch to watch some of the Law & Order: SVU marathon on USA. It wasn't long before I was watching my eyelids and was sound asleep. I woke up about 2 hours later and shortly after that I got a phone call from Christina letting me know that she could come over after her meeting at the Box at 5:30. This news made me smile and I woke up and finished up the work involved with the re-make of the reception video.

I was printing the label on the last disc when Christina arrived and we watched the tail end of Dumb and Dumber on TBS. After that was over Christina selected to watch Urban Legend as she hadn't seen a scary movie in a while. I was excited at the news that she liked scary movies! The movie was good and while watching it I realized that I used the influence of this movie in parts of the script of Sweet Dreams, the movie that Hickey and I made about 3 years ago. We enjoyed the movie and then watched the last 30 minutes of Kate & Leopold on TBS before saying goodnight. I walked her to her car and then opted to pack up the DVDs for shipping tomorrow and then going to bed early. I needed more sleep and hoped that my nap wouldn't prevent me from falling asleep easily. It didn't.

Meditation for the day: James 4:7-8 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."

0 comments: