THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 14, 2008

From the Desk 7/14/2008

Today I spent a large majority of the day tying up loose ends with pending projects, signs, and donations to prepare for the next 3 weeks of Back-to-School madness. I did field an unusually high amount of phone calls today from every media outlet wanting us to advertise with them in a BTS special segment. I also received an email or phone call from what seemed like every educational event that was seeking sponsorships and donations in the entire state of Georgia and even a few in Tennessee. Unfortunately, we have already committed all available resources and products that we can during this time so I had to send a standard email, thanking them for their interest and thoughts of The School Box, but apologizing that we simply cannot contribute to every request we receive. I took a break for lunch and then returned to the tedious but necessary tasks.

I also made a few signs for the retail stores to use to promote discounted items that would be an additional 15% off until August 31st as well as finalizing a poster to promote the details of the Tax Holiday. I spent the last part of the day straightening up my desk as I wanted there to be room for things that might appear as I'm away from my desk over the next few days to help out the warehouse with receiving shipments. I left work a bit early to go to the post office and mail out DVDs from a wedding. I then ran by my apartment quickly and changed clothes to be ready to go hiking with Stacy. I met her back at the Box and we left for Burnt Hickory Rd. loop.

We hiked and it was a good hike as usual, but I think that I might suggest we go elsewhere next time as this hike is growing a little old (done too many times, too often). I got home around 7:15 and ate a quick bite. Christina called me just before I hoped in the shower and told me she got out of class early. I told her to head on over and we would go grab some food when she got here. We went to Dairy Queen to try their Thin Mint Blizzard which features actual thin mint Girl Scout cookies chopped up and mixed in. Christina also had a chicken sandwich, which is when I realized that I don't think I've ever eaten real food at a Dairy Queen. We enjoyed the Blizzards and will definitely go back before the end of July when these special frozen treats are no longer available. After that we went to my apartment and watched several episodes of Boy Meets World. We were able to finish watching season 5 (my favorite season) which ends with Cory and Topanga officially split after an incident on the senior ski trip with a girl that worked at the lodge, Lauren (played by Linda Cardellini). I walked Christina to her car, said goodnight, and then went inside to go to sleep. I knew rest would be important as I was supposed to begin helping out with pricing/receiving tomorrow.

Meditation for the day: Romans 1:16 “I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.”

0 comments: