THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, July 28, 2008

From the Desk 7/27/2008

This morning I was actually quite proud of myself. I woke up just before 8:00 and threw on some workout clothes and went down to the fitness room at the apartments. I hopped on the treadmill and ran for about 30 minutes. I was exhausted afterward, but you have to start somewhere right? I also knew that the fatigue was only temporary as usually when I run/work out I'm energized about an hour after I finish. The same was true today. I showered and then left to pick up Christina for His Hands. The service was wonderful as always. This week they decided to change things up a bit. Instead of taking the Lord's Supper at its usual time (right before the message) we talked about how Jesus met with people and how he was human and really wanted to enjoy the company of his friends. This led into the way in which we observed the Lord's Supper this week. We observed the Lord's Meal this week. We picked up larger cups of juice and large pieces of bread to sit and just "eat a meal with Jesus" and pray to him about whatever was on our minds. It was different but nice to just think about eating a meal with Him just like his disciples. The song that was played at the conclusion of this part of the service was so beautiful. It had a rich piano line and the man that sang it had a voice like the lead singer from Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The message was good as well. We talked about the human side of Jesus, and will pick back up on the hard sayings next week.

After the service ended Christina and I went to Red Lobster to get some lunch. I had been looking forward to this all week and I was not disappointed. I had the Georgia-Peach Bourbon Glazed shrimp and bacon-wrapped scallops while Christina got the Hawaiian Salmon and Coconut shrimp. It was phenomenal and along with my 3 1/2 glasses of Boston Tea it was one of the best meals I've eaten in a while. After lunch I took Christina home so she could study for her two finals tomorrow. I returned to the apartment and made the copies of the wedding videos necessary to mail them out tomorrow. I also spent a good deal of time cleaning (aka throwing away) lots of things from my desk and night stand. I worked on that until around 5:00 and then took a break while my computer was de-fragmenting the hard drive in an effort to find more storage space on my main drive. I watch vh1's Storytellers with Dave Matthews Band and then watched part of the newer version of William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. Both were an excellent choice. When the movie was over I continued working on my laptop as my computer was still de-fragmenting, and updated my facebook profile with pictures from the hike in Chickamauga with Paula, Zach, Amy and Laura. After that was done Christina called and she came over to take a break from studying.

We watched various funny videos on YouTube and I showed her the pictures from my Appalachian Trail hike about 4 years ago. It was fun to look back on that trip and how much it taught us about winter hiking. We then watched some of the movie Titanic. I know you're probably thinking that we just watched that not too long ago, but there's a twist to watching it this time. It was on the Spanish TV station so the voice overs were all in Spanish! It may not seem like much fun, but you have to try it sometime....it's hilarious to watch. After amusing ourselves for way too long with that, we watched about 3 episodes of Boy Meets World. After that it was time for Christina to leave so I could attempt to get up early and go run for a second day in a row. I walked her out to her car and we said goodnight. I went inside and then quickly fell asleep as I had surprisingly not taken a nap this afternoon.

Meditation for the day: Philippians 3:14 “I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

0 comments: