THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

From the Desk 7/30/2008

This morning I decided to delay my running routine and use this first week to ease into the program I have set for myself as to not burn myself out too soon. I got up and got ready for work, wearing warehouse appropriate clothing. I got to work and took care of a few things at my desk before heading back to the warehouse. Tausha and I began packing around 9:00 and were joined by AJ, Patrick, Glen #1, and Glen #2 as the packing table was fully manned today. It was fortunate that we had so many people able to help pack as they had about 7 people pulling orders. It seemed that no matter how fast we packed, the carts waiting to be packed began piling up behind us. We worked quite hard up until 11:30 when we realized that it was time to go to lunch. Stacy, Tausha, and I went to T.G.I.Friday's for lunch where I consumed more sweet tea than food. It was relaxing to just sit still in an air conditioned building and not have to listen to all the noise and commotion associated with a warehouse environment. I took half of my burger back to work and will eat that for lunch tomorrow.

After lunch, time seemed to speed up yet we were still behind on packing. We pushed through the fatigue and tired feelings and kept packing as fast (and accurately) as possible. Around 4:00 I had to take a break from packing to help Dave split out some dry-erase boards to go out to the stores. I returned to packing and ended up packing until 5:15 when I realized that people were still pulling orders and I should stop packing or I'd be there until close.

I left work and Stacy and I omitted our planned trip to Best Buy for her to buy a new TV as we were both exhausted and she needed to go buy food to have at the cookout tonight. I went home and finished duplicating the DVD copies for the wedding planners this weekend. I changed and probably should have showered but I opted to fall asleep at my computer instead. I woke up about 10 minutes after I was supposed to leave to pick up Christina so I hurried out of the apartment and hit the road. I arrived at Christina's around 6:45 and that was good because she had gotten home a few minutes before from shopping with Leslie (from Town Center) and was worried that I would show up at 6:30 (my original ETA) and she wouldn't be there to buzz me in. We drove to Stacy's where we found a very hyper Cooper greeting us. He was somewhat reluctant to warm to Christina, but soon got over that as he wouldn't leave her alone for the rest of the night. Stacy grilled hot dogs for us and we enjoyed them with chips and dip and potato salad, which I ate and enjoyed! It was from Publix and was made using red potatoes so that might explain the difference in the usual reaction of mine to potato salad....gross! We ate and then watched the movie Disturbia. Christina and I had both seen it before, but it was Stacy's first viewing. She really liked it due to its superb balance of light-hearted romantic comedy and suspenseful- thriller feel. After the movie was over we said goodbye and I dropped Christina off at her apartment. I wanted to stay, but I knew that I really needed sleep so I just went home. I went to bed after a brief chat with Jubin on Facebook about Frisbee Golfing on Saturday morning. It was the earliest I have gotten in bed in about 3 weeks so it felt really nice.

Meditation for the day: John 1:12-13 “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.”

0 comments: