THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 1, 2008

From the Desk 8/9/2008

This morning I slept in for some much needed rest. I woke up around 10:00, but drifted in and out of sleep before reluctantly getting out of bed around 11:30. It marks the latest I've been in bed in the last 5-6 years so naturally I felt well rested when I got up. I straightened a few things around my desk and then ate some lunch after grabbing a shower. I talked with Stacy briefly and may go over to her house to mow later today (too hot right now). I began the long, arduous task of laundry that would probably consume most of the day. I spent a bit of time learning to read guitar tabs online and then use them to learn another song on the guitar Hickey lent me. It came together easily (as I selected an easy song) and in about 30 minutes I had learned to play "Hang" by Matchbox 20. I took my excitement for learning that song and poured it into playing some Guitar Hero III on the hard setting and not doing too bad at first. I have now made my way through the first 2 sets of songs.

I ran an errand, between loads of laundry, to Target to pick up a few things. After shopping I stopped off by the Box parking lot to leave a note on Christina's car to suggest that we go to the Marietta Diner after she got off work to have some of their legendary desserts. I received a text about an hour after that from Christina saying that if I really wanted to go that Leslie and Bill would like to join us. I responded that it would be great if they would. Late night restaurant visits are always more fun with more people. I watched some TV until 9:45 when Christina called to say that they were almost done and then I headed out the door to meet them at the Box. After a little debate about how to drive down there (number of cars, who was driving) we were on our way. I know that Christina and I are fairly indecisive people so it was a big step for me to just say, "Why don't we take one car and I'll drive". I really was just hungry for some dessert and knew that Christina was too. We arrived and were seated immediately. The Diner was relatively crowded for 10:00 on a Saturday night so I consider us fortunate to have been seated so promptly. Leslie and Bill actually ordered real food, but Christina and I had our hearts set on some sugary treats from the cake display. She ordered the 7 Deadly Sins Chocolate cake and I ordered the White Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake. (If you see this picture dad, stop drooling, and yes it was that good!) The "slice" of cake they brought me was enormous! The picture shown is served on a full-sized regular plate. Obviously I didn't eat the entire piece that night. I only managed to eat about 1/3 of the piece before feeling so overloaded with sugar that I might start running with just my legs under the table.

After we left the Diner, I dropped Leslie, Bill, and Christina back off at the Box to get their cars. I then followed Christina over to Leslie and Bill's to watch a movie. Leslie is a Disney enthusiast so we had selected to watch "The Sword in the Stone" as they had just received it in the mail. We began watching it and I was instantly reminded of how good the Disney classics are. That didn't, however, manage to keep any of us awake as we had come down off our sugar highs and at one point we were all jarred awake by a sound from the TV. At that point we decided to take a rain check and watch the movie again when we could start it a little earlier. I said goodnight to Christina and then drove home. It was nice because Leslie and Bill live about 5 minutes from my apartment so it wasn't long before I was in my bed fading off to sleep.

Meditation for the day: Psalm 119:14 “I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.”

0 comments: