THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

From the Desk 7/29/2008

Today I began the day as planned. I woke up at 6:15 put on some running clothes and headed to the fitness room at the apartments. I ran on the treadmill for 25 minutes after which I was awake and ready to conquer all the packing the warehouse could need. I had some oatmeal for breakfast and then headed in to work. I arrived and took care of a few odds and ins before heading back to the warehouse around 8:45 to begin my duties for the day. Tausha and I were joined by Patrick and AJ as we overtook the packing tables to prepare orders to go out for delivery. Even though there were four of us packing, there were 6 people pulling orders. That meant that it was still a constant struggle to stay caught up on packing. We worked non-stop until around 11:15 and then people started talking about lunch. I asked Corey, Stacy, and Tausha to bring me something back so we would have at least 1 person packing while everyone else was at lunch. They called me and I ended up meeting them at Jersey Mike's since they decided to eat there. I had the Chipoltle Philly Cheeseteak again and it was just as delicious as before.

After lunch I checked email and messages and then returned to the packing tables in the warehouse. We worked the rest of the afternoon, right up until 5:00 packing orders. Christina got off today at 3:30 so when she came back to tell me bye, I told her that I would call her and let her know if we were still going hiking. About 30 minutes later they skies opened up and dumped lots of rain complemented with flashes of lightning and sounds of thunder. It was good for two reasons; first, we need the rain desperately and second, we didn't have the energy to hike so the rain was a good excuse to cancel the trip. I called Christina and told her that we weren't going due to the storms and then I ran to my car at 5:00 to avoid getting too wet.

I ate a quick bite and took a shower. I called Christina and picked her up and then we went to Target to get some supplies for the cookout tomorrow at Stacy's. We dropped the things I bought off at my apartment and then watched some of "Ocean of Fear" which was part of Discovery Channel's Shark Week specials. It was the story about the American ship Indianapolis that sank in the Philippine Sea after being torpedoed by a Japanese ship. The crew abandoned ship and floated for four days in the water being subjected to constant shark attacks until their rescue. It was interesting, but not too fun to watch so we switched over to "Family Guy" on TBS.
After watching several episodes we walked outside so I could walk Christina to her car. There was just one problem: we had both forgotten that I picked her up and her car was at her apartments. She had her keys out ready to go home and I didn't have my keys as I didn't think I was going to be driving. Once we realized that and I got my keys I drove her home. We said goodnight and I returned to my apartment where I soon found myself falling asleep after a hard day's work.

Meditation for the day: Matthew 5:14,16 “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

0 comments: